Monday, June 27, 2011

Catching Up

I'm perpetually playing catch-up.  Am I overextending myself?  Am I secretly wasting time?  I'm on the computer right now, but I have some other things going on in the meantime, so am I actually being efficient?  Gah.

I may need to start doling out more responsibility around the house.  I'll have to talk with the Hubs about what he can/will do, and see where that leaves me.  I've ordered our GAPS Diet books, and we'll be embarking on quite the dietary journey soon enough.  There will be NO processed foods whatsoever.  For years.  Not that we consume much, if any processed foods as it is, but in a pinch, it would be nice to know I have some sort of option available if I can't cook.

Today for lunch I made a coconut curry.  Canned coconut milk is a no-no on GAPS.  So I made my own coconut milk.  No, we're not on GAPS yet, but I do like the idea of BPA-free, preservative-free coconut milk.  But it takes time.  I picked up a juicer, and frankly, freshly made orange juice and carrot juice taste really yummy, but that takes time too.  I'll be culturing yogurt and kefir and fermenting a bunch of veggies as well.  This just sounds like a complaining now (it's a slippery slope lol), but I'm trying to sort out what needs to be done, how I can fit it all in a day, and get all our other stuff done too.

Now that that's out of my system, I'm going to start sorting it out. 

Still microwave free, by the way!


No comments:

Post a Comment