Monday, March 14, 2011

10 Days Later...

Wow, 10 days flew by, just like that. No rest for the weary, though! I need to get back to this. I must! I shall! I'm doing it right now!! It's HAPPENING.

One of the main thoughts running through my head is the incredible impact dairy has on my son. I'm still not over it. We had a FANTASTIC weekend with regard to behavior and overall demeanor. The language is coming back, the stimming rarely occurs, patience has returned... the dairy is almost completely out.

The other night at bedtime, DS was playing with his trains when I informed him that he needed to get ready for bedtime in 5 minutes. He looked at me and quietly told me it's not bedtime.

"I'm going to set a timer for 5 minutes, and you can play with your trains that whole time. Once it rings, it's time to clean up and get ready for bed."

Calmly, he said, "I don't want to clean up."

"Well, I can clean up and we go to bed right now, or you can play for 5 minutes and then go to bed. Do you want to go to bed right now or do you want to play for 5 minutes and then go to bed?"

"Play for 5 minutes."

"Okay. I'll set the timer now."

Once the 5 minutes were up, there were no issues putting the trains and tracks away and getting ready for bed. I just KNOW that 2 weeks ago, in the middle of the insanity, this would NOT have gone as smoothly. OH... it's so nice to be back!!

Oh, and Happy Pi Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment