Sunday, February 20, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

This is a little late, but moving away from candy-centered gifts, I had to come up with an alternate Valentine worthy of my son. Lately, he's been writing every time he has a chance, so Husband and I decided to go with a Valentine Notebook. He writes in it almost every day!! Success!


I bought a composition book, cut a heart and piece of red card stock to size, and taped it all to the outside front cover. Inside I wrote a simple note, and we signed it. Voila!

Since receiving it, he has written/drawn in it every day. He seems to find comfort in it. I'm not sure if it's relaxing to be able to draw or to have ownership of his own notebook, but I hope he loves it as much as we love seeing him use it. Happy belated Valentine's Day!

For the record, I love candy. I do not love Red 40. Plus, my son being on a gluten-free casein-free diet means no chocolate either. None of this was missed. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment