Sunday, February 27, 2011

Where'd It Go?

My daughter loves this activity! I made this when she was 11 months old, and she brings it to me (the lid is a little daunting for her 1-year-old fingers) almost every day. She smiles each time she successfully slips block through the little square hole. I love those triumphant smiles!

The bin is an old Domino sugar bin, but a shoe box would work fine. I cut a hole in the lid to be just big enough to fit a block, so she really has to concentrate in order to fit it in. I wanted to make sure it wasn't too difficult, but still challenging enough to give her some determination.

The blocks are the small pieces of our Twig blocks set (which is awesome, btw).  

The first time she did this, she definitely had to work at it, but now she does it with much improved dexterity.  I'm glad it still holds her attention, but now I need to figure out what to make for her next!

No comments:

Post a Comment